$150 per participant
The one hour lecture, OSSA approved, KG Safety Services Inc. Confined Space Entry & Monitor is a review of the basic knowledge and proficiency that the participants learned in their KG Safety Services OSSA Confined Space Entry & Monitor course with respect to Confined Space entry procedures, legislation and the related OSSA Regional Code of Practice.
KG Safety Services can only re-certify participants that originally tool the KG Safety Services OSSA approved Confined Space Entry & Monitor course within three months of the ticket expiry date. Once a certification is expired the participant must take the 8 hour course again.
If a participant is not successful on the exam they must re-take the full 8 hour course.
Confined Space Entry & Monitor Re-Certification
OSSA Confined Space Entry & Monitor Re-certification Course includes a review of the changes to:
- The OSSA Regional Code of Practice
- The OSSA CSEM Safety Training Standard
Participants are welcome to review theory and in class exercises that cover such things as:
- Confined Space Monitor Basic Training
- Confined Space Monitor Responsibilities
- Confined Space Entry Preparation
- Classification of Confined Space Entries
- Basics of Hazardous Atmospheres & Gas testing
- Entry Authorization
- Confined Space Hazards Isolation & Control
The purpose of the OSSA Confined Space Entry & Monitor Standard program is to ensure that the End-User demonstrates basic knowledge and proficiency in performing the required duties of a Confined Space Monitor.
Program Learning Objectives are as follows:
- Understand the regulations relating to confined spaces in Alberta.
- Understand the adopted Regional Code of Practice for Confined Spaces.
- Understand the importance of the requirement for a competent Confined Space Entry & Monitor to be in attendance outside the confined space at or near the entrance to keep track of the number of persons inside the confined space at all times.
- Understand the requirement for constant communication with personnel inside the confined space.
- Understand the importance of the entry permits, entry log and signage for the confined spaces.
- Understand the importance of keeping unauthorized persons from entering the confined space.
- Understand the importance of not entering a confined space under any circumstance.
- Understand the role of the Confined Space Entry & Monitor in an emergency.
Take the initial 8 hour course, re-certify 3 months before expiration with our one (1) hour re-certification course and your good for another 3 years before you have to take the 8 hour course again.
Get your OSSA Confined Space Entry & Monitor Training with KGSS!
Currently the only training provider offering OSSA Approved Re-Certification courses.
Site Specific Confined Space Training
Looking for a course that reflects the policies and procedures you currently have in place as well as the regulatory frame work? We do that too!
On Site Training
Need on-site training? Not a problem, for groups of 6 or more this is offered for no additional cost for sites within the Capital Region.
Contact us to set up a date that works best for you!
Courses currently run on demand – Contact Us today to register!