$150 per participant
The one day, OSSA approved, KG Safety Services Inc. Confined Space Entry & Monitor is a combined one-day course and will teach participants basic knowledge and proficiency with respect to confined space entry procedures, legislation and the related OSSA Regional Code of Practice.
Confined Space Entry & Monitor
OSSA Confined Space Entry & Monitor Course includes theory and in class exercises and will cover such things as:
- Confined Space Monitor Basic Training
- Confined Space Monitor Responsibilities
- Confined Space Entry Preparation
- Classification of Confined Space Entries
- Basics of Hazardous Atmospheres & Gas testing
- Entry Authorization
- Confined Space Hazards Isolation & Control
The purpose of the OSSA Confined Space Entry & Monitor Standard program is to ensure that the End-User demonstrates basic knowledge and proficiency in performing the required duties of a Confined Space Monitor.
Program Learning Objectives are as follows:
- Understand the regulations relating to confined spaces in Alberta.
- Understand the adopted Regional Code of Practice for Confined Spaces.
- Understand the importance of the requirement for a competent Confined Space Entry & Monitor to be in attendance outside the confined space at or near the entrance to keep track of the number of persons inside the confined space at all times.
- Understand the requirement for constant communication with personnel inside the confined space.
- Understand the importance of the entry permits, entry log and signage for the confined spaces.
- Understand the importance of keeping unauthorized persons from entering the confined space.
- Understand the importance of not entering a confined space under any circumstance.
- Understand the role of the Confined Space Entry & Monitor in an emergency.
Site Specific Confined Space Training
Looking for a course that reflects the policies and procedures you currently have in place as well as the regulatory frame work? We do that too!
On Site Training
Need on-site training? Not a problem, for groups of 6 or more this is offered for no additional cost for sites within the Capital Region.
Contact us to set up a date that works best for you!
When Registering Online:
- Complete the form below and a member of KG Safety Services staff will contact you to confirm your registration and payment information.
- Payment, or credit card information to hold your place in the course is required to confirm your registration.