$150 per participant
This 8 hour course is intended to take participants though a basic review of self contained breathing apparatus as well as supplied air systems. The course reviews identification, inspection, use, maintenance and storage of units on the job-site.
- Why SCBA & SABA are used and the hazards of improper use.
- How to recognize medical signs and symptoms that may limit or prevent the effective use of respirators.
- Why the respirator is necessary and how improper fit, usage, or maintenance can compromise its protection.
- What are the limitations and capabilities of the respirator.
- How to inspect, put on and remove, use, and check the seals of the respirator. What are the correct procedures for maintenance and storage of the respirator.
- Then there will be a review the elements of SCBA and SABA
- Students use equipment available in the class to learn how to don and doff the equipment as well as a physical exercise breathing down a tank of air.
Upon successful completion of this course students will receive a certification card outlining topics covered, with a copy available to the employer.
Pre-completed air purifying respiratory protection training.
KGSS is a Continuing Education Units Provider
This course, provided by KG Safety Services, counts towards 0.6 continuing education units. A convenience and applicable way to get the training you need for day to day operations as well as maintain your certifications!
Site Specific Respiratory Protection Training
Looking for a course that reflects the policies and procedures you currently have in place as well as the regulatory frame work? We do that too!
On Site Training
Need on-site training? Not a problem, for groups of 6 or more this is offered for no additional cost for sites within the Capital Region.
Onsite training is also available outsite the Capital Region, Contact us to set up a date that works best for you!
- Contact us to set up a date and time that works best for you and your staff
- Need on-site training? Not a problem, for groups of 6 or more this is offered for no additional cost for sites within the Capital Region
- Payment, or credit card information to hold your place in the course is required to confirm your registration.