$160 per participant
This one-day program is intended for all workers in the petroleum industry who could be exposed to hydrogen sulphide (H2S). The primary focus is to provide generic H2S program content to help workers work safely in and around H2S environments. Each student is required to operate a self-contained breathing apparatus and to perform a rescue lift and drag exercises.
- Physical properties of Hydrogen Sulphide: how to detect it, where to expect it, how to avoid it or escape it in the event of a release.
- How to protect yourself from contact with H2S: Emergency techniques to avoid H2S exposure in the event of a detected leak or release, and steps workers can take to protect themselves and others.
- Gas Detection Techniques: Demonstration on how to use gas detection monitors and sampling pumps before entering untested and potentially hazardous areas.
- Use of Breathing Apparatus (SCBA, SABA): Demonstration of how to don and doff (put on and take off) an SCBA in emergency situations. This is not respiratory protection training, if employees are required or expected to use SCBA or SABA additional training is required.
- Rescue Techniques: Basic rescue strategies and techniques.
Site Specific H2S Training
Looking for a course that reflects the policies and procedures you currently have in place as well as the regulatory frame work? We do that too!
KGSS is a Continuing Education Units Provider
This course, provided by KG Safety Services, counts towards 0.5 continuing education units. A convenience and applicable way to get the training you need for day to day operations as well as maintain your certifications!
On Site Training
Need on-site training? Not a problem, for groups of 6 or more this is offered for no additional cost for sites within the Capital Region.
Contact us to set up a date that works best for you!
- Program starts at 8:00 AM sharp. Students who are late may be refused admission.
- Appropriate clothing is required (i.e. jeans, pants).
- Employers are advised not to send injured employees who are unable to perform the required exercises to pass the course e.g., employees on Workers’ Compensation or light duty.
When Registering Online:
- Complete the form below and a member of KG Safety Services staff will contact you to confirm your registration and payment information.
- Payment, or credit card information to hold your place in the course is required to confirm your registration.