$135 per participant
This one-day KG Safety Services Inc. program is designed to educate participants on the use of fall protection equipment, as it relates to work performed at height. Various options for fall protection exist and this course will identify which options best meet workplace needs. It will also give participants the tools and knowledge they need to work at height safely. This course includes hands on activities and a strong focus on student participation. The course is taught by one of our highly qualified instructors.
Workers at heights require training and appropriate fall protection systems to meet the standards of Alberta legislation, Part 9. In the KG Safety Services Fall Protection course we will review:
- Fall incident statistics
- Governing bodies and applicable regulations
- Dynamics of falling
- Fall protection systems
- Fall protection planning
- Fall arrest system components
- Harness fitting & adjustment
- Equipment care and inspection
- Suspension trauma, and
- Rescue principles
Site Specific Training
- Looking for a course that reflects the policies and procedures you currently have in place as well as the regulatory frame work? We do that too!
- Contact us to create a site and company specific training course that meets your needs.
KGSS is a Continuing Education Units Provider
This course, provided by KG Safety Services, counts towards 0.6 continuing education units. A convenience and applicable way to get the training you need for day to day operations as well as maintain your certifications!
On Site Training
- Need on-site training? Not a problem, for groups of 6 or more this is offered for no additional cost for sites within the Capital Region.
- Contact us to set up a date that works best for you!
- Program starts at 8:00 AM. Students who are late may be refused admission.
- Appropriate clothing required (i.e closed toe shoes, jeans/pants)
- Employers are not advised to send injured employees who are unable to perform the required exercises to pass the course (e.g. employees on Worker’s Compensation or light duty)
- The exam is open book.
When Registering Online:
- Complete the form below and a member of KG Safety Services staff will contact you to confirm your registration and payment information.
- Payment, or credit card information to hold your place in the course is required to confirm your registration.
Please choose the nearest location and register for the course.