$150 per participant
The KG Safety Services Inc. Confined Space Entry & Tending Worker course is a combined one-day course and will teach participants basic knowledge and proficiency with respect to confined space entry procedures as well as applicable Alberta Occupational Health and Safety legislation.
Confined Space Entry & Monitor
The Confined Space Entry & Tending Worker Course includes theory and in class exercises and will cover such things as:
- Confined Space Tending Worker Basic Training
- Confined Space Tending Worker Responsibilities
- Confined Space Entry Preparation
- Basics of Hazardous Atmospheres & Gas testing
- Entry Authorization
- Confined Space Hazards
- Confined Space Controls including Isolation, Ventilation and common practices
The purpose of the Confined Space Entry & Tending Worker program is to ensure that the End-User demonstrates basic knowledge and proficiency in performing the required duties of a Confined Space entrant and tending worker. Further onsite training may be required for employer specific requirements and practices.
Program Learning Objectives are as follows:
- Understand the regulations relating to Confined Spaces in Alberta.
- Review of the Restricted Space and Confined Space definitions in Alberta.
- Understand the general requirements for a Confined Space Entry & Tending Worker.
- The requirement for constant communication with personnel inside the Confined Space.
- A review of entry permit requirements including entry log and gas detection log use.
- Requirements for ensuring unauthorized persons do not enter a Confined Space.
- Understand the roles of a Confined Space Entrant and Tending Worker in an emergency.
Site Specific Confined Space Training
Looking for a course that reflects the policies and procedures you currently have in place as well as the regulatory frame work? We do that too!
KGSS is a Continuing Education Units Provider
This course, provided by KG Safety Services, counts towards 0.6 continuing education units. A convenience and applicable way to get the training you need for day to day operations as well as maintain your certifications!
On Site Training
Need on-site training? Not a problem, for groups of 6 or more this is offered for no additional cost for sites within the Capital Region.
Contact us to set up a date that works best for you!
When Registering Online:
- Complete the form below and a member of KG Safety Services staff will contact you to confirm your registration and payment information.
- Payment, or credit card information to hold your place in the course is required to confirm your registration.